Excuses out, workout in! 10 best-kept fitness tracking hacks of mama noor
As a mom, it’s pretty hard to stay on track when it comes to working out. Life always manages to get in the way. Here are some ‘hacks’ to incorporate in your daily routine to make sure you get that workout in!
- Share your goals with your mommy friends: This is a great way to hold yourself (and them) on track.
- Track your progress through photos: Take a photo every month. It will definitely make you want to work harder to see progress.
- Do it for a cause: There are countless walk-a-thons, marathons, and other sporting events in the region linked to a charitable cause – choose one close to your heart and go.
- Playing is working out, if you make it so: We take Faye to a local play area called Play! And trust me, if you run after your kid for an hour in such a place - crawling in tight spaces, hurdles, and all - it’s a worthy workout.
- Remove unhealthy snacks: Limiting your access to unhealthy foods will help you stay away from those junk munchies.
- Always keep a ready gym bag in the car: No excuse not to go straight to the gym.
- Wake up early: I mean way early – before your kid wakes up – to get that workout over and done with it. The day can get busy (and exhausting) so why not get it out of the way?
- Use a workout app: This saved me a lot of time and allowed me to just focus on getting the workout done. I use the Nike Training App.
- Make any space, your home gym: Going to a gym would be nice but not always an option. Luckily you don’t need that much space to get a good workout in. Choose an empty spot in your home (the size of a yoga mat will do), do #8 above, and get it done!
- Cut up your workout: Some days, you don’t have 30 minutes continuously to do your work out. The solution? Cut it up. Do 10 minutes here and there throughout the day. Squats while unloading the washer/dryer? Check. Lunges while throwing a ball around with Faye? Check. V-sit while she plays with her toys? Check.
Do what you gotta do. In the end, it only matters that you put in the time.